New funktionalized melamine resin particles (MF-particles)
microParticles GmbH has successfully developed a series of novel functionalized melamine resin particles for stable, permanent attachment of biomolecules. Using innovative strategies of polymer chemistry and synthesis for surface modification, melamine resin particles with the following surface functionalities and polymer coatings are available:
- Melamine resin particles with carboxyl groups (group density controllable in a wide range up to 1000 µmole/g).
- Amino-modified melamine resin particles.
- Melamine resin particles with sulfonic acid groups, epoxy- and aldehyde functions as well as thiol und hydroxyl groups on the particle surface.
- Monodisperse melamine resin particles with maleimide-functionalization for the directed immobilization of thiol-containing compounds (e.g. HS-DNA).
- Melamine resine particles with covalently fixed polymer coatings like amino dextrane, poly(ethylene imine), poly(vinyl alcohol), etc.
These new MF particles not only combine excellent monodispersity and high mechanical and chemical stability, but also low unspecific protein adsorption, variable surface chemistry as well as high colloidal stability in a wide range of pH and electrolyte concentrations. The new products are designed for applications in medical diagnostics and in pharmaceutical and biotech industry. They can be delivered in the diameter range from 300 nm up to 12 µm.