Multifunctional superparamagnetic polystyrene particles
MicroParticles GmbH now offers to its customers a series of monodisperse superparamagnetic polymer particles with well defined diameters. In addition to plain magnetic particles and magnetic particles with COOH-modification (COOH >100 µmol/g), we supply magnetic beads with streptavidin coating (binding capacity: 400-1200 pmol FITC-biotin/mg). Outstanding properties of the new magnetic microspheres of microParticles GmbH are:
- Narrow size distribution (CV
- Superparamagnetic properties.
- Nanoscale iron oxide particles are uniformly dispersed throughout the polystyrene matrix.
- The iron oxide content can be adjusted in a wide range up to 70 wt.-%.
- The magnetic microspheres can be supplied in monodisperse quality with well defined particle diameters in the size range from 1 µm to 50 µm
These particles are excellent tools for separation and purification of DNA, proteins, or other biotinylated biomolecules, and in several immunoassays. Rapid, efficient, and gentle separation from the surrounding media is possible via an external magnetic field which can be applied just by a permanent magnet.