Monodisperse colored nano- and microparticles
microParticles GmbH introduces a new product line of intensely dyed monodisperse microspheres for use in applications like filter testing, flow tracing, medical diagnostics, and biotechnology. The particles, based on polystyrene and polystyrene copolymers, are produced with microParticles’ own technology platform and come in a wide variety of sizes, dyes, and functionalities. Using specifically designed dyeing processes, intensely colored particles with complete dye retention are obtained. The new particles come as 5 wt.-% aqueous dispersions. With larger beads also dry powders are available. The main product characteristics include:
- Size range from 500 nm to 1000 ТЕm.
- Dark blue, dark red and black colors available.
- Narrow size distribution (CV < 3 %).
- High lot-to-lot reproducibility.
- Spherical particles with smooth surface.
- Surface functionalities (carboxyl, amino, and epoxy groups) available on request.
CARBOXYL-FUNCTIONALIZED MELAMINE RESIN BEADS (white or fluorescent) Recently, microParticles has developed a new generation of carboxyl-functionalized monodisperse melamine resin (MF) microspheres. Using innovative surface polymerization techniques, functionalized beads with low, medium, or high density of carboxyl groups with up to 1000 ТЕmole/g can be obtained. The new product line can be supplied with diameters from 1 to 12 ТЕm. Combining advantageous material properties of MF with the newly achieved functionalization, these particles enter completely new applications, e.g. in Life Sciences. Main features of these carboxyl-modified microspheres are:
- Excellent chemical resistance and thermal stability.
- High density (1.5 g/cm3).
- Good solvent stability.
- High mechanical strength.
- Narrow particle size distribution.
- High colloidal stability.
- Covalent coupling of biologands, e.g. streptavidin, possible.
- Can be handled in dry powder form.